There are SO many things I have to do before tomorrow that I am sitting completely still.... Ever get that feeling? So overwhelmed by the to-do list that you cannot even get off the couch? Complete avoidance is usually my coping mechanism, but the hours are slowly drifting by.... so I thought I'd write a list. Lists help. Hopefully writing this list will inspire me to actually do something. Here goes nothing!
Things to do:
- get off the couch
- do some washing
- grown-up clothes(including winter pjs)
- kids clothes
- hang up all that washing
- try on my maternity jeans(because surely, of all my pants, I hopefully can still squeeze into my maternity pants??)
- make a name badge for my swap partner Holly(check out her blog)
- wrap her present
- sort out what crafty/sewing stuff I am going to take
- find my old country road bag
- collect all the stuff I need to pack
- craft stuff
- what have I forgotten???
- put it all together and weigh it
- throw half of the stuff out and weigh it again
- sort out what stuff I am going to just take to the airport with me to stick in other people's suitcases
- write out a routine of things FR does, for my poor darling husband
- get my upper lip waxed(my 'stache is NOT coming to Christchurch with me, no matter how warm it keeps me)
- get some cash out for the bus
- get in all the washing and fold it
- tidy the house
- make dinner
- have a shower, wash my hair, take a sleeping pill
Ok that probably isn't even HALF the things buzzing round my head. Oh wait
- passport??? Or will my drivers licence do...
Right. That's my list. I think.
Getting butterflies now...
I am actually really anxious about meeting lots of people, living with people I've never met, and the little girl inside me keeps worrying that no one will talk to me, and I'll be left out, and I'll be a loser. sniffle sniffle. Time to put my big girl pants on, I'm a grown-up after all... aren't I?