Tuesday, April 23

OOTD: Every Body Hurts


I have Fibromyaliga. Google it. It's a pain thing, and it comes and goes, but at the moment, girl, it's coming. I'm showing  you my super-awesome outfit in case you too have Fibromyalgia; did you know that every single little bit of pressure from waistbands and elastic can make things 100 times worse?
Today, for example, I was wearing a jacket to begin with. It looked smokin'. I mean, it was great. But a little bit too small... and the pressure around my upper arms and across my back made everything more bad. So I'm just showing you this, because there are no waistbands. This is the loosest combination I could come up with. Unfortunately, society dictates that I wear a bra to hide the fact that my boobs are gloriously flappy.... which means I always a knot of pain in that part of my spine - I can feel it with my fingers - and always will.
The only other stuff that happened today involved me being short-tempered, grumpy, angry and irrational with my 3 sweet children. Sorry babies.... 
Tomorrow I will take lots and lots of supermarket painkillers and try and be nicer, I promise!

Fibromyalgia: Fibromyalgia (FM or FMS) is characterised by chronic widespread pain and allodynia (a heightened and painful response to pressure).[1]Its exact cause is unknown but is believed to involve psychological, genetic, neurobiological and environmental factors.[2][3] Fibromyalgia symptoms are not restricted to pain, leading to the use of the alternative term fibromyalgia syndrome for the condition. Other symptoms include debilitating fatiguesleep disturbance, and joint stiffness.

5 comments:

Sammy said...

Oh my gosh Rachel I had no idea! Huge hugs to you- gentle ones xxx

Cat said...

And a big cuddle from me - maybe not around the rib/bra area though
Rockin those orange tights

Leonie said...

Big hugs - though extremely gentle xx

Weza said...

I know several friends with Fibromyaliga. It really is awful. I hope you have a good doctor and physio. Take care. xx

Kelly @ Kiwi Womens Style said...

Really sorry to hear that Rachel!

It was lovely to meet you at the conference and I hope we get to connect again soon. Please share some of your wonderful colour with Wardrobe Wednesday this week (now you've sorted the linky thing :) xxx